The 6th Conference on Graphic Design & Visual Communication in Cyprus, Graphic Stories Cyprus, is on its way and it will take place from 6-8 of March, 2020 in Nicosia!
The 6th in a row Graphic Stories Cyprus is the only established, independent, annual conference in the field of visual communication and the visual arts that covers the full spectrum of them, namely graphic design, illustration, typography, visual arts, semiotics, animation, photography, multimedia, internet and web design, calligraphy and design in general.
The 6th Graphic Stories Cyprus comprises eleven (11) lectures, five (5) creative workshops and one (1) international poster exhibition featuring designers from Cyprus and abroad.
During this 6th event, special attention has been paid to the multifaceted actions aimed at covering and expressing all of the visual arts and its creators, with the special theme of the conference being its connection to the Cultural Heritage and Tradition through the international poster contest on “Cultural Heritage, One World, One Future”.
The Conference on Graphic Design and Visual Communication in Cyprus, Graphic Stories Cyprus, was selected as one of Europe’s best festivals by the European Festivals Association (EFA) and awarded the European Quality Stamp EFFE Label for the period 2019-2020.
The conference is addressed to all the visual communication designers and creators of applied and visual arts, professionals or students, graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, photographers, animators, 2D / 3D designers, printmakers, creative agencies, advertisers, marketers and their associates, as well as those interested in getting to know the profession of visual communications designer! The program of the conference is presented on the organization’s website: www.graphicstoriescyprus.com
The 6th Graphic Stories Cyprus, in 2020 will host eleven (11) lectures by major Cypriot and foreign creators covering a wide range of the Applied Arts, Visual Communication and Design:
• Specialized lecture on Color Management and proper file management by Kemanes Printshop.
• “Advertising photography, portrait photography and nude art photography” by Marios Theologis.
• “Fonts and Typography” by Panos Vassiliou
• “Descriptive journalism and point of view” by Panos Constantopoulos
• “Infographics in printed and electronic media” by Zoe Katsigiani.
• “Website design and promotion” by Michalis Vassiliou.
• “From the hood to Hollywood” by Vassia Kalozoumi and Andrea Xenoulis from Corn Creative.
• “I used to be a graphic designer – The Path: From Inner Search to Multidimensional Reality” by Ioannis Fetanis.
• “Design for animation” by Katerina Pantela.
• “The steps to successful business networking” by Lakis Argyrou.
• + Designer Andreas Panayi will talk about the concept behind the creation of the visual identity of the 6th Graphic Stories Cyprus conference.
Also, five (5) creative workshops will be held aiming to provide accumulated and professional level knowledge and experience in relation not only to modern practices but also to traditional applications of visual arts and design:
• “Photorealistic Digital Illustration” by Kostis Papatheodorou.
• “Infographics” by Panos Constantopoulos and Zoe Katsigiannis.
• “Glyph and Pilcrow, Experimental Typography in Editorial Design” by Ioannis Fetanis.
• “Design for animation” by Katerina Pantela.
• Children’s Illustration Workshop on “Cultural Heritage, One World, One Future” by Panayiota Michael.
“Cultural Heritage, One World, One Future”, is the title of the exhibition that will include the 50 distinguished artworks of the 4th International Poster Competition organized by Graphic Stories Cyprus. The exhibition to be hosted by the Bank of Cyprus Cultural Foundation in Faneromeni, will also feature the artworks of 10 invited renowned artists. The inauguration and the awarding of the winners will take place on Friday, March 6, 2020, after the scheduled lectures. The prizes of the competition are offered by the Bank of Cyprus together with the Greek company Parachute Typefoundry.
At the same time, two posters with the theme of the exhibition will also be hosted at the same venue created at the Art Poster Lab held last November at the American University of Emirates in Dubai. The workshop was attended by 20 students from AUE University and was implemented under the guidance of Angeliki Athanasiadi and Andrea Panayi.
Graphic Stories Cyprus is organized with the cooperation of the Bank of Cyprus and is under the auspices of the Cultural Services of the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Cyprus and the Municipality of Nicosia.
The prizes of the international poster contest are offered by the Greek Company, Parachute Typefoundry and the Bank of Cyprus.
Hosts venues: Bank of Cyprus Cultural Foundation and Aigaia School of Art and Design.
Communication Sponsors: POLITIS – RIK
Print Sponsor: Kemanes Printshop
More information: www.graphicstoriescyprus.com